Avast is one of the most popular companies that develop antivirus software. Their programs often take the leading positions in the charts or land the editor’s choice. That speaks volumes about the quality of antivirus protection and extra tools. Hundreds of millions of users trust their devices with this developer and entrust all personal data with it as well. Let’s get to know more about Avast Antivirus and what you can expect from it.
Top 10 Facts About the Program
- Avast Antivirus is well-known for its free edition. This antivirus delivers the same quality of protection as well as some extra tools without any payments. Compared to other free versions, this one is an obvious leader.
- The program is compatible with major operating systems and has rather low requirements. You can install in on any Windows, Mac OS, and Android devices. The desktop or laptop version required at least 1.5 Gb free space and 256 Mb RAM. It’s a rather basic requirement that most modern devices can easily meet.
- The installation process is very simple, too. Just follow the instructions and verify the actions. As soon as the antivirus program is installed, you’ll get access to several extra tools. For instance, they include a password manager. In our Avast Password Manager review, you can learn all there is about the tools as well as its advantages.
- Avast Antivirus also brings you a Wi-Fi Inspector, Rescue Disk, Software Updates, Real Site tool, Sandbox feature, etc. Together they add extra layers of protection and maintain your security when surfing the Internet. Aside from these features, Avast also has Cleanup Premium, Game Mode, a Personal Firewall, and a File Shredder. However, keep in mind, that only a premium version is rich in extras. A free edition is limited.
- A VPN you get in Avast Antivirus has 55 servers from over 35 countries. While it’s not as big as some dedicated programs, it’s more than enough to get enhanced security, anonymity, and other advantages a virtual private network secures.
- Scanning options are rather standard, too. A user gets to pick from a quick scan, a folder scan, a USB scan or a Boot-Time scan. In case during one of them, the engine spots a malicious or suspicious file, a user picks whether to Delete, Repair or Do Nothing to it.
- The strongest reasons for getting this antivirus are the abundance of features and tools that come as a part of the bundle. While it’s possible to get most of them separately and from different developers, it’s much more convenient to use all utilities from one company. This way, they’ll complete one another and secure better results.
- Avast Antivirus is very configurable. If you are a beginner or an average user, all the settings are defined automatically. They protect your device from all sorts of threats. In case you are an advanced user, you’ll enjoy the possibility to change the settings any way you want.
- There is still space for improvement. While Avast scored high in the independent testing labs, the score is not 100%. Some tests have worse results; therefore, the developer should still work out some issues.
- Speaking about prices, every user has different thoughts. Some find it quite affordable while others opt for cheaper versions. In general, the price is a bit higher than average. However, the free edition makes all the difference. There is no need to upgrade. Basic protection is very good and reliable, too.
As you can see, Avast Antivirus has a lot to be proud of. The list of features and security tools is impressive. Even the free edition has more than just core protection. However, there are some drawbacks you should take into account as well.